Join Our Network
BMC HealthNet Plan is a non-profit managed care organization committed to providing the highest quality healthcare coverage to underserved populations. Currently, we serve nearly 280,000 members.
You can find information about upcoming changes to CAQH here.
CAQH ProView trainings are available throughout March – find the schedule and how to register here.
Benefits of Being a BMC HealthNet Plan Provider
Be part of an organization that:
- Has an Extensive Network. To serve our MassHealth and Qualified Health Plan members, we contract with nearly 60 hospitals, 20,000 healthcare providers, and several thousand pharmacies throughout most of Massachusetts. Currently, our Senior Care Options network serves Suffolk County. Our providers can send members to any specialist in our network without a referral, thus minimizing their administrative paperwork.
- Provides Value-Added Services to Your Patients. Including a 24-hour nurse line, money back for getting fit, Community Resource Team, and Care Management services to help members live the healthiest lifestyle possible.
- Respects Your Time. Our providers have a dedicated Provider Relations representative who will quickly respond to their questions, help them with the prior authorizations process, and work with them to correct claims. Our claim processing standards have an average turnaround time of 9.6 days for clean claims.
Send Us a Letter of Interest
Please give us an opportunity to see if we have an opening in your specialty and geographic area. Simply send us a letter of interest along with a scan of your W-9 form to email@example.com. If we have an opening that may be of interest to you, we will send you an enrollment package that includes:
Once you complete these forms, please send them to us by:
- Email, via secure email, the documents to BMC HealthNet Plan
- Fax: 617-897-0818. Please note that we will receive this fax through the email address above.
BMC HealthNet Plan
Provider Processing Center
529 Main Street, Suite 500
Charlestown, MA 02129
As soon as we receive your forms, we’ll begin the credentialing process through Aperture, whose representatives may contact you to verify information.
The credentialing process does not change your relationship with our Provider Relations team. You should still call your Provider Relations Consultant with administrative questions, or call our provider line at 888-566-0008.
Keep Your Information Current
If your specialty, tax, demographics or practice information changes, please complete the Provider Change Form and fax it back as indicated.