Behavioral Health Support
Integrated Care (Medical and Behavioral Health)
We partner with Beacon Health Strategies to administer our behavioral health program for our members.
To request prior authorization for behavioral health services, call Beacon at 866-444-5155 or visit their site.
Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT)
Behavioral health screens are a normal and integral part of comprehensive well-child care. Along with MassHealth, we require primary care providers to offer a behavioral health screen to all MassHealth members under age 21 at every well child visit as part of the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) schedule.
You'll find information, resources and the list of the MassHealth-approved screening tools here.
- MA Child Psychiatry Access Project (MCPAP): The goal of the Massachusetts Child Psychiatry Access Project (MCPAP) is to help pediatricians and family physicians effectively meet the needs of youth with common mental health conditions such as ADHD, Depression etc.
- Tips for CBHI Providers Working with MCPAP
- Beacon Health Strategies PCP Toolkit: Assists Primary Care Providers (PCPs) in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health and substance use disorders.
- My Child Project Launch (PCP Toolkit): Collection of tools and tips for incorporating early childhood mental health personnel and practices into the pediatric primary care setting.
- MA Department of Health/Bureau of Substance Abuse Services: Updated “Their future depends on you – Together we can prevent prescription drug abuse” brochure is now available for ordering and downloading. You’ll find roles that all community members can play to prevent prescription drug abuse.