BMC HealthNet Plan is committed to providing quality and affordable medications for our Massachusetts members through our prescription drug benefit.
Some of the great features of our prescription drug benefit include:
- Coverage of thousands of medications
- Affordable copayments for generic medications
- Choose from over 1,000 chain and independent retail pharmacies throughout Massachusetts to get prescriptions filled.
- Medications for members with rare or chronic health conditions. Your provider may obtain injectables and biotech drugs through our specialty pharmacy networks.
- You can also obtain a 3-month supply of certain prescription medications mailed to your home from our mail order program.
Not sure if a prescription you need is covered? Using the search tool on the right, search for any drug to see if it is covered by your plan – or select your plan name below. Make sure to choose the correct plan type for accurate drug information (if you don't know your plan type, it is listed on your member ID card).
We cover some drugs like aspirin and certain allergy medicines that you can get at the store (not behind the counter). You must get a prescription/prior approval from us before these will be covered.
- A prescription is required for an over-the-counter product to be covered.
- Only generic or store brand versions of the listed products are covered.
- Over-the-counter drugs still require you to pay the generic copayment. Some medications may not require copayment.
- Over-the-counter drugs are only available at participating retail pharmacies and may not be obtained through our mail order pharmacy.