Get a Qualified Health Plan for Your Business
For Health Insurance Coverage
Current Small Employer Groups enrolled in health insurance coverage with BMC HealthNet Plan:
- Your coverage is effective until your coverage renewal date.
- Before your plan's end date, make sure you select new coverage so your employees don't experience a gap in coverage.
How to Apply
- Sole proprietors (self-employed, contractors) must apply as an individual through the Massachusetts Health Connector.
- Qualifying groups seeking to cover 1 to 5 employees must enroll in a Qualified Health Plan through the Health Connector.
- Qualifying groups with 6 to 50 employees can enroll in a Qualified Health Plan online through the Health Connector where they will receive the highest amount of tax credits.
- If you are a Small Employer with 6 to 50 employees, you have the option to enroll directly through BMC HealthNet Plan’s Employer Choice Direct program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-748-6105.
- Small Employers may purchase coverage at any time during the year unless the group does not meet BMCHP’s participation or contribution requirements. If Small Employer does not meet BMCHP’s participation or contribution requirements, the Small Employer may only purchase coverage from November 15 through December 15 of each year.
- When applying through the Health Connector or directly to BMC HealthNet Plan, you must apply and pay your first month's premium up to five business days before the end of the month. Your coverage will begin the following month. See chart below.
|To get coverage that starts:||Apply and pay your premium by:|
|January 1||December 23|
|February 1||January 23|
NEXT STEP: Apply at the Health Connector.
Minimum participation requirements:
- 100% of employees in companies of 1-5 must be enrolling in health insurance or have valid waivers
- 75% of employees in companies of 6+ must be enrolling in health insurance or have valid waivers
Minimum contribution floor:
- Employers must contribute a minimum of 50% towards employee-only coverage
- Employers must contribute a minimum of 33% towards all other coverage types