What is MassHealth?
MassHealth members don’t pay monthly fees or deductibles. Plus depending on your age, income and health, you may not have to pay anything—or just a small fee—for your prescriptions. Now, due to health care reform, even more people will qualify for MassHealth.
You must qualify for MassHealth before you can choose BMC HealthNet Plan.
Qualify for MassHealth and you can:
- See a doctor who will help coordinate all your healthcare
- See specialists (doctors with extra training in an area of medicine, such as cardiology, dermatology, or pediatrics)*
- Have 24/7 access to speak with a nurse for your health questions
- Go to the hospital for treatment*
- Fill a prescription at your local pharmacy
- Get access to behavioral health (mental health and substance use disorder) services
- Get a routine eye exam*
- Get extra help for special conditions like asthma and diabetes
BMC HealthNet Plan MassHealth members get extra benefits**:
- FREE child car seats and booster seats
- FREE bike helmets for kids
- FREE manual breast pumps for nursing moms
- FREE dental kits, including a tooth brush, toothpaste and floss for adult and child members age 4 and up
- Up to $100 back for participating in Weight Watchers® and $200 back for membership at a qualifying health club
BMC HealthNet Plan CarePlus members get**:
- FREE dental kits, including a tooth brush, toothpaste and floss
- Up to $200 back to help pay for qualifying gym memberships
- Up to $100 back to help pay for Weight Watchers®, each year
*Please see the MassHealth Member Handbook and MassHealth Covered Services List for additional information, including covered and non-covered benefits; any restrictions to services, benefits or the provider network; and a summary of pharmaceutical management procedures. Click the ‘Find a Provider’ link at the top of page to find out about our providers. Please see Your Privacy for our privacy policies. Please click here for a summary of utilization management procedures.
**Some age and frequency limitations may apply.