What is Commonwealth Care?
Commonwealth Care is a free or subsidized health care coverage program for eligible Massachusetts residents. BMC HealthNet Plan participates in this program. You must qualify for Commonwealth Care first before you can choose BMC HealthNet Plan. There are no deductibles (upfront fees) for Commonwealth Care coverage. Depending on your annual household income, you may pay a premium (monthly fee) that is based on your income. You may also pay a co-pay (fee you pay at the time you receive care) for certain medical services and prescription drugs.
BMC HealthNet Plan serves all areas of Massachusetts (except Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket) with a network of nearly 60 hospitals, 15,000 healthcare providers and 1,000 pharmacies.
For more information on Commonwealth Care eligibility and all your health plan options, call the Commonwealth Care Customer Service Center at 877-MA-ENROLL or 877-623-6765 (TTY 877-623-7773) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or visit www.mahealthconnector.org
BMC HealthNet Plan is the lowest cost Commonwealth Care health plan, beginning July 1!
No matter which Commonwealth Care plan type you might qualify for, BMC HealthNet Plan is now the lowest cost option for you.
2012 Commonwealth Care Monthly Member Contributions
Effective July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013
|Plan Type||BMC HealthNet Plan||Health Plan "B"||Health Plan "C"||Health Plan "D"||Health Plan "E"|
Plans "B", "C", "D", and "E" represent other health insurers offering Commonwealth Care plans in Massachusetts. These are actual premium contributions for those health plans.
BMC HealthNet Plan Commonwealth Care members get*:
- Access to a large network of doctors and hospitals, locally and across the state
- Access to our member services department (M-F; 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) where you can be connected with an individual who speaks your language
- Free 24-hour, seven-day-a-week mental health/substance abuse line
- Free 24-hour, seven-day-a-week Nurse Advice Line
- Free 24-hour, seven-day-a-week Audio Library of health topics
- Help for special health needs like asthma, diabetes, pregnancy, and heart health issues
* Please see the Commonwealth Care Evidence of Coverage for additional information, including: covered and non-covered benefits; any restrictions to services, benefits or the provider network; and a summary of pharmaceutical management procedures. Please click here for a summary of utilization management procedures. Please see Your Privacy for our privacy policies.
More Extra Benefits and Services
To help you get and stay healthy, BMC HealthNet Plan offers extra benefits and services:
- A $55 Healthy Rewards Gift Card just for getting your annual check-up from your primary care provider
- A free dental kit each year, including an electric toothbrush, each year for members age 4+
- Up to $150 reimbursement each year for a qualifying health club membership
- Up to $200 Weight Watchers™ program reimbursement each year
And, as a BMC HealthNet Plan member, you can call our 24 hour nurse advice line any time you need it.
How Do I Apply?
Learn more about how to get help applying.
How Do I Know If I Qualify?
See if you might qualify for Commonwealth Care or another program in which the Plan participates.
For all your Commonwealth Care health options, visit mahealthconnector.org or call 1-877-623-6765 (TTY: 1-877-623-7773), M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.