Welcome to Sunny Start!
Sunny Start is BMC HealthNet Plan’s care management program that helps moms and babies get the care they need during and after pregnancy. BMC HealthNet Plan members that choose to enroll in Sunny Start get help from our care managers, including:
- Customized care planning by our care coordinators for low risk pregnancies or our registered nurses for moderate or high risk pregnancies
- Access to a registered nurse skilled in obstetrics and newborn care for any needs relating to safe and healthy pregnancies
- Free car seat for your baby (for MassHealth members only)
- Free manual breast pump (for MassHealth members only)
- Member education packet, including What To Do When You’re Having a Baby book
- Childbirth education classes
- Help with transportation to appointments
- Help with determining eligibility and applying for WIC
- Assistance and reminder calls related to postpartum care
- Education on preventing preterm labor and delivery
- Postpartum and newborn care information
- Help with finding community resources like housing, legal assistance, shelter, clothing
Make sure you and your baby get off to a Sunny Start with BMC HealthNet Plan!
Here are other information sources you may find useful:
- Let BMC HealthNet Plan know you’re pregnant
- Baby Zone
- Baby Center
- Is My Pregnancy Going Well?
- Health Risk Assessment
- Who Wants To Have A Healthy Baby?
- A Schedule of Visits
- Your Lab Tests
- Recipe For A Healthy Baby
- After Your Baby Arrives
Learn more about pregnancy topics from our Health Library. (Just type "Pregnancy" in the search box for a list of common topics)
Get FREE pregnancy tips delivered to your cell phone with the Text4Baby Program.