Being overweight or obese puts members at risk for a variety of chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and some cancers. Being overweight is defined as having a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 25 and 30. Obesity is defined as having a BMI over 30. BMI is a ratio of weight to height that can be calculated using our BMI Calculator. The good news is that members can reduce their risk of chronic disease and BMC HealthNet Plan can help! Our Care Management program offers members information and guidance on lifestyle changes such as eating better and exercising. Here are some information sources that you might find helpful:
- Healthy Lunches for Kids
- Children's Fitness
- Healthy Eating for Adults
- Why Fruits and Vegetables Matter
- Weight Control Information Network
You can learn more about your condition and how to manage it from the Health Education Center.
Just follow these steps:
- Click on the following link: Health Education Center.
- Enter your condition (for example: asthma) in the search box that appears on the left of the screen.
Puedes aprender mas sobre tu condicion y como manejarlo del Health Education Center.
Siga estos pasos:
- Haga clic en el lazo siguiente: Health Education Center.
- Entre su condición (por ejemplo: el asma) en la caja de la búsqueda que parece en la izquierda de la pantalla del Health Education Center.