Mental Health or Substance Abuse
BMC HealthNet Plan partners with Beacon Health Strategies (Beacon) to manage and coordinate the behavioral health (mental health and substance abuse) services for members. Beacon’s job is to make sure that you, as a BMC HealthNet Plan member, get the mental health and substance abuse services that you need. Beacon helps you find the right doctor or therapist for your behavioral health needs and works with these providers to decide what kind of care is best for you. Some of the conditions managed in this program are:
- Emotional distress significantly affecting your relationships, school, work, job performance, difficulty with sleep or eating patterns
- Mental health needs such as bipolar disorder, mood disorders, psychotic disorders, schizophrenia
- Substance use or misuse such as alcohol, pain medications, illegal drugs
Intensive Clinical Management
Beacon also offers an Intensive Clinical Management program (ICM) to provide additional support. This is a care management program provided by Beacon for BMC HealthNet Plan members who are experiencing complex behavioral health or psychosocial conditions, sometimes in addition to medical concerns.
For more information about behavioral health care management or ICM, call Beacon Health Strategies at 1-888-217-3501.
Here are some information sources that you might also find helpful:
- Mass. Organization for Addiction Recovery
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- National Empowerment Center
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Agency
- Join Together
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- The Sober Recovery Community
- Faces and Voices of Recovery
- Right Turn
You can learn more about your condition and how to manage it from the Health Education Center.
Just follow these steps:
- Click on the following link: Health Education Center.
- Enter your condition (for example: asthma) in the search box that appears on the left of the screen.
Puedes aprender mas sobre tu condicion y como manejarlo del Health Education Center.
Siga estos pasos:
- Haga clic en el lazo siguiente: Health Education Center.
- Entre su condición (por ejemplo: el asma) en la caja de la búsqueda que parece en la izquierda de la pantalla del Health Education Center.