BMC HealthNet Plan is committed to maintaining the privacy of your health information. In fact, BMC HealthNet Plan is required by law to protect the privacy of your health information and to provide you with a Notice describing the following:
How Your Protected Health Information May Be Used and Communicated, and Your Member Rights
You have the right to receive a copy of our most current NOTICE in effect. If you want a copy of our current NOTICE, please click one of the links below:
Member Privacy Practices Summary
BMC HealthNet Plan must have your written authorization before we use or communicate to others your health information for purposes other than providing or arranging for your health care, the payment for or reimbursement of the care that was provided to you, and other related administrative activities.
BMC HealthNet Plan may be required or permitted by certain laws to use or communicate your health information for other purposes without your consent or authorization.
As our member, you have the following rights regarding your health information. You have the right to:
- Review and receive a copy your health information that we create and maintain
- Request an amendment or a correction regarding that information
- Request an accounting of disclosures of your health information
- Request that we communicate with you confidentially
- Request that we restrict certain uses and disclosures of your health information
- File a complaint with our Privacy Officer if you think your rights have been violated.